New for 2018
Thanks to Darrell DeWard with Icon Realty Group LLC, we will be awarding cash prizes for the fastest laps during the Elite / Expert races. The top 3 men and the top 3 women will be recognized for having the HOTTEST OF THE HOT single lap efforts. For those who want to send it hard for one lap at Yankee, this is for you. All Elite / Expert categories are eligible to win:
NOTE: You MUST COMPLETE THE RACE in order to be eligible for this competition. So kill it for a lap and soft pedal the second if you must…..but you gotta complete both laps to be eligible.
Darrell is a local cyclist and real estate guy and we are thrilled to have him as our sponsor for the Hot Lap Competition. Yankee Springs is his favorite trail and he has enjoyed the many friendships that have developed since cycling there.
Darrell is passionate about making your real estate experience the best it can be and his approach to real estate is anything but ordinary. His unique background flipping houses and strategies help his sellers get more for their houses, quicker, and easier… and he gives his buyers an unfair advantage when buying.
Start the new year off right by registering for the Yankee Springs Time Trial. For 28 years the YSTT has challenged participants with some of the most advanced and well maintained single track in the state. The time trial puts riding skills and early season fitness to the test in a format is fun for all levels of riders. Join us on Saturday, April 28th for an exciting day of MTB racing.
As part of our continued efforts to make the YSTT as safe, fun and exciting as possible, the Yankee Springs Time Trial Committee is proud to announce these changes for this years event:
- Saturday Race – For the first time in the history of the event, the race will be held on a Saturday. This will allow for more spacing between participants and an even better after party.
- Yellow Direction – Following the bi-direction setup of the trail, this years race will run in the Saturday – Yellow direction. Look for exciting changes to the start / finish area.
- Hot Lap Competition – Cash prizes will be awarded to the top Elite/Expert men and women for the fastest single lap efforts.
- Race T-Shirts – Each participant who registers online will receive a free t-shirt sporting a fun and unique design commemorating this years race.
- Beer Corral – Once again, the after party will include a beer corral featuring an expanded selection of local craft beers provided by our sponsors.
The Yankee Springs Time Trial is an all-volunteer run, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance benefit event. All proceeds go directly towards maintaining and building the many wonderful trails right here in Western Michigan. Proceeds from the record setting 2017 race contributed to the completion of the Hammond Hill Trails and the new Perrin Flow sections at Wahlfield Park. It’s an exciting time for mountain bikers in West Michigan!
Keep posted for more exciting changes.
Thank You Sponsors, Participants and Volunteers
The West Michigan Mountain Bike Alliance and the Yankee Springs Time Trial Committee would like to thank all of our Sponsors, Participants and Volunteers for making the 28th annual race such an amazing success. This years race had perfect conditions, a record 777 participants and the first year with a beer corral. Together we succeeded in another great event resulting in a sizable contribution to our local trails.
We hope to see you next year on Saturday April 28th, 2018, for our 29th annual race.